Who We Are
total rides given
Our mission is to provide free door-through-door transportation to seniors and veterans who need escorted rides with compassionate volunteer drivers in Contra Costa County. Our goal is to give seniors and veterans the ability and dignity to age in place with transportation and referral resources.
Volunteers are the heart of our organization. As the senior population ages, we cannot keep pace with the growing demand for services without your help.
You are the lifeline for the senior and veteran communities.
Mobility Matters offers ambulatory, otherwise homebound senior residents of Contra Costa County free, one-on-one, door-through-door rides provided by volunteer drivers. These rides are primarily for the purpose of obtaining medical care, groceries, and other basic necessities.
Mobility Matters relies on support from individuals, organizations, and corporations to help us continue to provide our programs and services to the vulnerable population we serve. You can even donate an old car!
Want To Drive?
Make a Donation
Apply For Rides
Rides For Seniors Qualifications
- Age 60 or older.
- Live in Contra Costa County.
- Require escorted, door-through-door assistance
- Able to call in to request rides
- Unable to use other forms of transportation for medical care and basic necessities, like grocery shopping
If you meet all of these requirements APPLY HERE
RIDES 4 VETERANS QUALIFICATIONS
- Be a caring, mature individual.
- Willing and able to provide transportation to seniors and veterans who can no longer drive.
- Age 25 – 75.
- Current driver’s license.
- Excellent driving record.
- Crime-free background.
- Own or have access to a reliable, safe vehicle that is registered and insured.
- Participate in a three-hour training class.
If you meet all of these requirements and want more information, please call: (925) 284-2215